Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Home?

I hope everyone had a GREAT Christmas with family members and loved ones. I know some of us were busy shopping last minute, but we all enjoyed the warmth of being with our loved ones. I ask my self this question:

What is the best design for a warm, Christmas-like, family-ortiented home?


I very quickly picture a log cabin, with a fireplace in the living-room/family-room area. I also think of a cozy, New York-style apartment, with windows over-looking the city. I think about these things and realize that not all of us live where there is cold weather. Sure, the northern United States have snow and colder temperatures; but what about Southern United States? Can a home in Florida have that "family, cozy, Christmas" feeling like a log Cabin home does in up-state New York? Well, a home, a house, a dwelling, can symbolize a lot of things but its main purpose is to house a family. Now, the Christmas feeling can be achieved not because of the house, but through the family getting together and spending time together. Never forgetting the meaning of the day, which was the birth of Christ.

As I thought about this, I realized that a home doesn't have to be designed in a special way to make it feel like Christmas; it needs to have a loving, kind, and grateful family that remember's the birth of Christ!

God Bless!

4 comments:

  1. I saw your site on blogcatalog, I respect architecture. it's truly amazing. ur site has a lot of good information keep up the good work and happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very good question! In my opinion, it would be much harder to obtain that warm, cozy home feeling in Florida than it would in one of the cold Northern states. Of course, I'm a bit biased because I live in Minnesota where we have a good 15 inches of snow on the ground, but when the weather outside is so cold and snowy, it really adds to the warm & cozy atmosphere. It's hard to re-create that in Florida because the weather is always so nice that it lures you outside to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I saw you on blogcatalog as well. I thought this was an interesting article as my husband and I were just talking about this topic yesterday. I have lived in Los Angeles my whole life and it does not snow here so I have never felt that sense of "christmas" that I imagine one must feel say in Michigan or somewhere else where it snows. Thanks for sharing, perhaps you can add a picture for people like me who have never had the chance to experience it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, i have his message and mpvies are really great. thanks for stopping by. i'll be reading often.

    ReplyDelete